Sunday, June 22, 2008

va-cay bay-bay

hellzyeah. B & I are finally on our vacation to Orange Beach, AL. We got here around 5:30 PM, checked out the beach, then went to dinner at a place called Hazel's Seafood Restaurant. I've decided I'm a little too much a food snob. It's really hard to find good food that's decently healthy for you. I tried to order the grilled mahi mahi - they were out. so i got the grilled grouper - and only ate half of it. They had a seafood buffet for like $25 per person (outrageous!) and it was outrageously bad for you. We were talking about how maybe we have become too accustomed to eating at home - making things how we like it. But I like it that way! That's how we stay healthy! I feel for those people's whose parents don't cook and they eat out all of the time. Blah! How can you do that and remain healthy?!? The only place with good food that's pretty good for you that I've found in my short life is Oxford! Another reason to call Oxford "God's Country."

Which reminds me. A lady at the airport in CA asked Mom and me where we were going. When we told her Memphis, the lady said she just got back from Greer's Fairy Lake (beautiful area might I add). While she was applying the following statement to AR, Mom and I both agreed the same holds true for Oxford: "It's like God made that place and then kissed it!"

We came down 45 all the way from Tupelo to Mobile; in other words, we basically drove down the length of the east side of MS today. Man, I saw some beautiful countryside. I would think it's hard to believe this is MS. Then I would think, well, really it's not hard to believe. This state has a lot to offer. More than most people realize!

I have recently and often thought of moving away from the South and maybe even the U.S. to live somewhere we've never been before just for a change and for fun and discovery. Then, I am reminded of how wonderful the South really is, how much My South has to offer (even MS!), and what a great place it truly is to live.

I am beginning to realize - I really do love it here. Just probably not Memphis!

Tomorrow, our plans are to hang at the beach & pool, read, sunbathe, shop (maybe), and RELAX. I am getting up and working out first thing (I know if I don't do it first, I won't do it!). This has now become my lifestyle - not just something I need to do! Vacation is no excuse!! (This is mostly a reminder to myself LOL). Ok - 2 long posts today. Hope you enjoyed them!

xoxo

No comments: