Saturday, June 21, 2008

lowe's, target, and books-oh my!

It's been a busy 24 hours! We hosted Eric, Melinda, and their 8-month old beautiful bouncing baby boy (Dylan) last nite for dinner. I use the term "hosted" losely b/c they brought most of the food! It's been a while since we all have hung out and it was great fun! We didn't do anything structured, just laughed, ate, drank, and were quite entertained by the baby! I am so glad to have them as a couple to hang out with. AND it doesn't hurt that they have cute kids!

Today, I got up at 8:30 and went to my uncle Dale's house - I've been house/dog/cat sitting all week! It's been fun but I'm glad it's over! We then had our ritual Saturday morning pancakes (one of my fave rituals of ours!) and lounged around for a while. Then we went to Lowe's to look at metal panels for the 3 panel screen B is building for the area from our kitchen to our dining room. That way we can keep the kitty in an area that is big enough to maintain her interests an lower her troublemaking abilities!

After Lowe's we went to the library to find some fun books to take on our trip. We got The Old Man and The Sea by Hemingway on CD. I know what you're thinking but don't be jealous! Brent got some of his geeky mathematics/physics books so he can excitedly describe to me novel theories and philosophies...oh joy.

We then went to Target to buy me some new sunglasses b/c mine disappeared on mom & I's flight(s) to Cali. I was a little confused...the sunglasses that had 100% UV protection were $20. However, you could buy bargin ones (which we did) that were 99% UV protection for $6. I don't get it - why is 1% more UV protection so much more expensive?! And my next question, does that 1% really matter that much - are my eyes going to get scorched with that 1% UV burning through my sunglasses?

We've been packing all afternoon long. Melinda (we call her M sometimes) came over so we could show her our amazing-engineered-by-Brent sprinkler system for watering our (NEW!) yard. She's so awesome to do that for us. I know she's really busy so it means a lot to me that she would take time out of her day to do that for us!
I'm so glad Karen's back soon. We've really missed her...and her craziness. I talked to her briefly tonite - she's made it safely back to Nashvegas for a few days - then back home to Memphis on Tues.


I'm also helping Dottie (my best friend since diapers-our moms were college roommates) and John Mark (her fiance') with wedding planning since 1. I'm her MOH and 2. I've done it before (rather recently). It's been a blast so far, but I know Dottie is very stressed and strapped for time. I hope she continues to enjoy it, though - I think she will...it'll pay off! Everything will work out-it has so far...beautifully I might add.

Brent remembered at like 4 o'clock that he had a softball game tonite, so we went to that. They lost. But that's ok - it was quite entertaining. B has a headache for some reason :(. I hope he's feeling better by morning. I'm sure he will be - we're headed to the beach (yay!!)!

Well, laundry's done-gotta go finish packing! Hope I'm not boring u to death!

xoxo

PS - feel free to comment!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

You're so sweet! E, Dylan and I had a great time. No prob watering the grass. It gives me an excuse to get away from my life for a little while.

Love ya!
M