Thursday, June 26, 2008

more of the same

loved the weather this morning! cool, sunny, refreshing! hard to believe it's June in Memphis!! Then it got bloody hot this afternoon! But that's ok!

Karen is here (as usual you will learn soon). She brought her own bagette to eat for dinner...gotta love her! She's stealing my cheese - noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I looooooove cheese!

Anyway.

Brent's dad (Ronald) came up today and helped B with the deck. Ron's so awesome to help us with all of our home improvements!

Dottie's lingerie shower invitations came in today!! I love them! They are so cute! Now, I just have to figure out all the funky margins & stuff & print them up! I worked on those a little this morning.

Well, Karen decided she didn't like my cheese so she's having a PBJ bagette. Hmmm. Oxford is very interested....

I then spent an hour trying to find a general practice doctor here in Memphis that is good (for my TMD). Finally, it dawned on me to just ask the Spiegels. And of course, they love theirs & I made an appt with him for tomorrow (YAY!!). I think it's hilarious - his name is Dr. Wener. Tehe. Too bad he's not my OBGYN. LOL

Can cockroaches fly (those found in Memphis)?

B & I then went to Colco Fine Woods b/c we roll like that. The guy told us that he just got through turning a pen for Oprah...his neighbor's daughter lives in the same neighborhood as one of Oprah's houses in SoCal & knows Oprah. She's going to give her the pen to encourage Oprah to endorse her father's book that is about to be published. So, you heard it here first folks. Neither of us can remember the name of the guy or the book. So just keep your eyes & ears peeled. We're less than 6 degrees from Oprah!

Then we went all around Memphis - Sonic (for Cranberry Slush during happy hour!! Amazing), Home Depot, Costco. We also almost witnessed a wreck of a guy on a motorcycle - if we had been there 2 minutes eariler we would have seen it happen. The guy was still on the ground and covered in blood. No worries-the ambulance was there, he was conscious, and we were in a low-speed area so he could not have been going very fast.

We came home & unpacked. I didn't make it to Ave Maria Assisi Adult Day Center like I wanted to - I volunteer there. I try to once a week make it there and after this week b/c of fieldwork and the hours, I don't know if I'll be able to go each week :( I freaking love that place - and all the clients and the ppl who work there! You here that ladies - if I don't see you, I love you Leigh, Quita, Charlotte, Robin, Nancy, Renee'!! You're awesome!

Anyway. We got my car fixed - it was the catalytic converter. Or as someone I know once called it - my cadillac converter. Too bad - you mean my Honda can't be converted to a Cadillac anymore? Damn. The peeps who fixed it were great: Advance Muffler & Something on Summer Ave here in Memphis. They fixed my car in less than 45 minutes & had FANTASTIC customer service - which is hard to come by nowadays!

Now, Karen's here & might go with me to Curves tomorrow (I work there from 8-1 tomorrow). My aunt owns 2 of them & I work at the one in Germantown at Exeter (come visit!). Tomorrow's really my last day...I might be able to squeeze in a day or 2 here and there throughout FW but it's been a fun ride!

Anyway. So busy today, haven't showered yet! Better go do that! xoxo

PS I freaking love my dog-tranny cat (Oxford)! She's amazingly doggish!

No comments: