Sunday, June 29, 2008

gin rummy's the best

gin rummy is the best game ever. My Gramma taught me how to play. My fam's been playing it for generations apparently. My great-grandfather (Grampa Hatch - my Gramma's dad) played like a champ. I like to think that when I beat my Gramma at a game of gin rummy, that it makes my Grampa Hatch proud :). Brent & I love to play. We played yesterday & tonite! It's a great stress reliever, too.

I'm really excited about my FW starting tomorrow!! I hope everything goes well! I'm really excited to have a friend/classmate from Chattanooga at the Med with me!

We've had a great & relaxing day! We went to church, hung out, at lunch, sat out on our DECK in the shade & read!, then we helped E&M move stuff (long story). Well, really, B helped move stuff & I helped watch the kids! The kids & I went for a walk then went to TCBY. Jilly got rainbow yogurt & got it all over her face!! She was soooo cute & funny. Then we came home & started watching Juno which was hilarious btw. We grilled out marinated pork & veggie kabobs which turned out GREAT!

I had a happy nite...I've been working on Dottie's lingerie shower invitation using my computer & printer. It's been impossible. So, I gave in and went out to FedEx Kinko's. Well, lemme back up a little bit. The invites were $1 apiece off the internet. But, to have that company print them, it was $90!!! So I ordered the invites blank & hoped for the best! Anyway, went to FEK...typesetting (i.e. typing in the information) would have been $25! Instead, I went to their business station, typed it in Word, saved it to my jumpdrive, and did it in less than a minute & a half for 20 cents! Then, for her to print them up (much better than I ever could have at home) it cost an incredible $2.13!! YAYAYAY! Not only was it cheap, but it looks amazing! I couldn't believe it. Why didn't I do that sooner?!? ok. just got really excited about that!

OK - going to bed to get some rest b4 tomorrow's long day!! Good luck to all of my classmates!!

xoxo

PS If u get the chance to read Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet then read it. It's great. I'm only half way through it (it's really long) but I love it!

ok gnite now!

No comments: