Monday, June 30, 2008

FW: Day 1 at The Med

So, today was my first day of FW! It was quite interesting & exciting! My classmate from Chattanooga (we'll call her Linda) & I rode together since neither of us really knew where to go! It was great to have someone else share the same excitement, anxiety, and curiousity as me - it helped validate the spectrum of feelings i was having!

We did mostly orientation stuff in the morning, got ID badges for The Med (yeah, we're legit!), and flipped a coin to see where we would be: heads=Linda in outpt & acute; tails=Linda in inpt. Well, it landed on tails. So Linda headed upstairs (:() far away from where I was. But I met my CI and she seems great! She's got tons of personality and seems easy to get along with. I think I can learn a lot from her, too! What was really neat to discover is that she actually has her OTD and a deep passion for occupational therapy. I'm excited to get to know her & learn from her.

I got out a little early today, so I headed over to the building where our OT school is to find one of our professors. Today was his last day at UT (:() but he wasn't there! Apparently he's been working from home the last week. But I'll try to reach him another way. He's in town until mid-July.

Speaking of July - tomorrow is our 2 year wedding anniversary!!!!!! And it also marks our 8 year dating anniversary!!!!!! Boy, it's been a blast! He's so awesome (i tell him that all of the time & he says i had better stop or his head will explode from being too big!).

This afternoon, B & I went to the library, Kroger for tilapia - which they didn't have. What?!?! Kroger didn't have tilapia?!?! nope. then we came home. Our landscaper stopped by and told us we can now cut our yard if we want (YAY!) which means we've been watering it properly (more yay!).

So, today, B accomplished giving us 3 brand new light fixtures for free. Well, kind of. We bought a ceiling fan from Home Depot with AmEx points & replaced the fixture in our bedroom with that. We then moved our breakfast room chandelier thing into the dining room (no more 1950s chandelier!!) and put the fixture that was in our bedroom into the breakfast room. So there you have it folks! 3 new light fixtures for free!!

After dinner, we went to a local trail on a river that runs through town & rode our bikes for about 4.5 miles. It's so fun to do that plus that area is soooo beautiful. I have to remind myself that, yes, Kerri, this really is Memphis, Memphis can be beautiful!

When we got home, we were taking our bikes off of the rack on my car & a neighbor (whom we've never met) was walking by and told us our house/yard/grass looked beautiful!! After 6 months of a 7-ft-deep trench & dirt for a front yard, I'd say anything is an improvement! I just wonder what people/neighbors thought for those 6 months!!! Probably nothing good!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow & will hopefully get to see some more patients/clients as opposed to orientation kind of stuff (though that's necessary!). Anyway. I'm excited & heading to bed! 5:15 comes early!!

xoxo
Kerri

No comments: