Monday, July 28, 2008

yayayayayayYAY

so, finally after much turmoil, i have a psych placement in Jan!! FOR SURE!! it's in West Memphis, AR, with children who have developmental disabilities and mental illnesses and stuff! It will definitely be a learning experience! One of my classmates is there now - I plan to talk to her to get the low down before too long. Anyway!

We've had an amazingly busy week! Saturday nite, I helped host my best friend Dottie's first shower and it was a lingerie shower at my house! It was a huge success!!!! We had a lovely intimate dinner with the most amazingly cute cake shaped like a corset complete with big round bosoms! We then played Kiss the Bride's Ass wearing bright red lipstick and kissing a pic of John Mark taped to a pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey game! Then, we read a panty poem to Dottie & gave her like 7 pairs of panties (white for first nite, black for honeymoon, red for valentine's, etc.). She opened presents & got tons of amazing stuff - she got a little bit of everything from fru-fru, cute, to racey & slutty! It was perfect!

After the official shower was over, some of the girls stayed after & some of the guys came over: Dottie's mom's fiance' (John), Dottie's fiance' (John Mark), and Anne's brother (Michael). We all played this crazy game - 4 ppl on a couch. Then we played Scattegories which is always fun. Mom spent the nite with me & Dottie slept in the extra BR. Mom & I got up Sun & went to Costco then down to Oxford/Abbeville. B went down the nite b4 after his double header softball game (both games they lost :(. His dad's birthday was yesterday (Happpppy Birthday to my fave FIL!). We got to visit with a lot of his fam-even some out-of-town cousins we haven't seen since like Christmas! It was great!

Then, we came home late last nite to find Dottie & John Mark registering for things at Lowe's on our computer (hint hint). Yes, they have no computer! We played our favorite game, Settlers of Catan while I dovetailed addressing wedding invitations. B won, D & JM left, & we went to bed.

This morning, I went in early (7 AM) (no outpt til 10) & tx on the floors!!! (in acute care in other words). Then, we had a full day in outpt care! I even got to make an outrigger splint for a pt - my first splint for a pt ever!!! It wasn't pretty but if you could have seen the guy's face when we put that on, it would have made your week! He was so excited to have a regained ability to open his hand to grasp things! He & I also got in a discussion about Wii games & how he could use his Wii at home to help with his rehab! It was awesome!

I came home this afternoon to B & Dottie who was waiting on me to work out. We ran/walked somewhere around 2/2 miles. Not bad considering I'm far from considering myself a "runner!" I'm embracing it though - Dottie's tolerating me! It was a great workout but man it really kicked my arse.

B worked from home today. Our AC messed up over the wknd but he figured out how to fix it. I'm about to help him, then take a shower, and finally make some fish tacos for dinner! YUM YUM.

This is my last week as full time outpt. I will be floating next week between acute, NICU, & outpt (probably NICU & outpt mostly). I am superexcited to work with the itty bitty babies!! yayayayay!

And I'm out.

xoxo

No comments: