Monday, July 14, 2008

ahh the wknd

We had a great wknd this past wknd. On Sat, I woke up at 6:30 AM and went to the Memphis Farmers Market with Karen. Check it out: http://www.memphisfarmersmarket.com/story.htm. I met 3 of her friends who are major foodies. MFM was amazing & fun! But it was soooo hot!

After MFM Karen & I went to the Mississippi River & walked right along the water's edge. It was supercool. Then we sat down on some rocks to watch the water. I found this really cool stone that had layers upon layers built up & threw it to see if I could break it (not very hard or far). 1 piece broke off that looks like 3 states if you turn it the right way (more if you think about it really hard): MS, TN, and AL. It's kind of a stretch but I kept it anyway!

B got up & mowed the grass & got his hair cut Sat morn. We had lunch & B went to a woodworking class at a local woodworking shop. He really enjoyed it, I think!

Last nite, I decided to ride my bike for my workout. I rode for about 15 min when I noticed my tire was low (plus my handlebars were messed up). So, I came home but really wasn't finished working out, so I decided to walk. My legs were already warmed up so before I knew it, my walk turned into a run. And for those of you who know me at all, you know that Kerri does not run. I'm not a runner. Not built like one. It hurts to run. Except for last nite strangely enough. So, I'm going to start running some...just a bit. & incorporate it into my workouts that I already do. Just for a change. We'll see where it leads me! Watch out America - I might be the next Forrest Gump! LOL

FW today was a blast (as usual)! I observed an OT Eval in Acute care first thing since outpt first pt wasn't until 10 AM. The eval was interesting...the doctor was in there the whole time which was fine. At times, I felt in the doctor's way & at times, I think she felt in our way. It was quite awkward. So what are the expectations? If I had to set the expectations, I would say it's whoever is in there first gets to do what they need to do with the pt. If the doctor's in there first, then the OT comes back later. BUT if the OT is in there first, the doctor says "Oh, I'll just come back later," yet never leaves & sneaks her exam in during the OT session! Does anyone else thinks at times this can be distracting to the pt & therapist(s)? Too many ppl in the room? But at the same time, I understand a doctor has a tight schedule...but it's not like no one else has a tight schedule! The doctor today was very nice & I'm sure was well intentioned but I felt we could not get an accurate eval in b/c of her involvement at times. Maybe we could have come back later - but maybe she could have, too. Esp since she said she would at the beginning! Anyway - I'm ranting on way too long - much longer than I really care about this subject!

I treated outpts the rest of the day. We had 2 evals (which I performed yay). One was a girl who is my age & has already had a stroke (at 17 y/o!). She had an amazing spirit though. She really brightened my day.

After I came home & changed clothes & got a snack, I headed to E & M's to see their new puppy - Lucy. She's sooo cute. She looks like an itty bitty German Shepherd with floppy ears & a long body. She's very small though - part Dauchsand (sp) & part something else. Anyway - had a blast over there. Now I'm just waiting for B to get home so we can have dinner....mmmmmm fish tacos!!

Oh - btw - made tzatziki sauce from scratch yesterday. Found a great recipe - give it a try: http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2007/07/worlds-best-tzatziki-sauce-recipe-greek.html. It's deliious with beef, chicken, rice, anything really!

and I'm out.

xoxo

No comments: