Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Timeline Starting Tues of This Past Week

Tues, July 1st. Our 2nd Wedding Anniversary!



11:30 AM: My internist calls & leaves a msg on my voicemail regarding my CT scan from Saturday. He says he sees a "spot" on my right frontal lobe that he wants to get checked out with MRI & that he'll call the other number on my chart.



11:35 AM: The internist gets B on the phone & tells him the same thing (nothing less, nothing more).



12:15 PM: I get the msg, call B, cry, freak out, go in shock, and we call the dr. back. On hold for 30+ min off/on trying to find out where the doctor is.



12:45 PM: Find out dr. had left to go do rounds. My MRI will be scheduled by the office.



1:45 PM: Dr. calls me back & tells me it's a 1 cm lesion/spot on my right frontal lobe that he wants to have checked out with MRI. He informs me that it could be malignant or benign but probably gonna have to be removed. I ask him if it is possible for my lesion to be caused by scar tissue or something related to my 4 wheeler wreck when I was 11 y/o b/c I hit a brick mailbox & a brick hit me or I hit something really hard over my right eye & my right forehead. He said he seriously doubted that possibility (GREAT!). The doc tells me that his nurse is out of the office for the afternoon and I probably won't get scheduled for an MRI until tomorrow (Wed) afternoon, but to call back and ask for a specific lady who might be able to schedule it sooner.



2-3 PM: B plays secretary, calls the office for me b/c I had to get back to work. He gets the lady the dr. said to & expresses the urgency we are feeling. She says she'll call him back in 30 min with more info. She calls back with an MRI scheduled for tonite (Tues) at 7:30 PM. B calls & tells his parents.



3:15 PM: I get off work & call B who was calling me at the same time. He tells me about my 7:30 PM appt. I head home. Call my mom tell her the news & see if she wants to come for my MRI and she of course says yes. She, Richard (my stepdad), & B's mom & dad come for my MRI (THANK YOU!).



7-8:30 PM: We're at the hospital & I get my MRI.



8:30 - 8:35 PM: The awesome ppl at the MRI let me look at the images of my brain!! Yes, folks, it's true - I have a brain!!



8:45 PM: We all go get ice cream.



8:45 PM on Tues - 12:00 PM on Wed: We play the waiting game.



Wed, July 2nd.



12:00 PM: No news from doctor. We talk to his office - he's out on Wed's & won't be in until tomorrow. We call B's aunt J who is an office manager for a doctor. She suggests we request my results from the MRI place & go get it ASAP. So we do. The lady at the MRI place has it ready in 20 min for pick up.



12: 30 PM: B returns home with the results (I'm at work 20 min away). According to the radiologist, there are 2 findings of significance. 1. the 1 cm spot on the CT is actually encephalomalacia most likely due to remote trauma. In other words, it's scar tissue essentially. 2. My frontal sinus - which should be an enclosed space - is open to my anterior brain cavity.

12:31 PM: We are RELIEVED.

2:00 PM: Internist's nurse calls to set up an appt. We make it for the next day - Thurs at 3:30.

6:30 PM: Dottie's brother Gil swims in the finals for the 200 fly for the Olympics! He is seated 3rd going into the final & must get 2nd. Well, HE DOES!! He's going to the Olympics! (see July 4th post)

7:30 PM: B & I celebrate our anniversary with tuna melts, chips, champagne, and white table outside for the evening. He was soooo sweet (as always); he made the dinner & surprised me with the champagne and white table cloth!

Thurs, July 3rd. Dottie's 24th Birthday!!!

3:30 PM: We meet with the internist. He cuts to the chase and says basically it was caused by my 4 wheeler wreck after all; he was wrong, I was right. But I'm still having headaches and the doctor is unsure of the relative risk of the frontal sinus communication with my anterior brain cavity, so we're still gonna go to the neurologist still on Wed, July 9th. So now we just wait for the neurologist appt to re-confirm the findings. But we're confident there are no worries.

So now you can understand why I haven't posted much this week! But no worries - I'm back into the swing of things!

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts! I am so glad that everything is okay.