Sunday, April 3, 2011

so i'm switching gears...

yes, it's been ages. since my last post, B & I moved from TN to the Sunshine State with absolutely no regrets. We very much miss all of our friends and loved ones, however, we are quickly falling head over heals for this beautiful, sun-drenched, nature-loving, beach-going state. For my birthday this year, my fabulous in-laws gave me a FL State Parks Family Pass, and this has become my new goal - to visit as many state parks as possible while we live here.



Soooooooo my blog will now focus on our journey through Florida's wondermous state park system. My goals are to chronical these adventures for ourselves and for anyone who is interested in the history - both natural and other - of this fabulous state. We have even begun map-pinning our journey in our office :).




I'm excited about this new focus. About a year ago, while still living in TN, I began running/training. This changed my life - for the better - at least for a while. I had the world's best running buddy who happened to also be my neighbor, co-worker, and now, close friend. When we moved to FL, I continued my passion for running until a nagging foot pain drove me to seek treatment. After multiple MD visits, MRIs, and custom orthotics, I have now given up running since you only get one physical body for your whole life. For this, and other reasons, I am shifting my focus and re-inventing myself. As a goal-oriented person, this new found passion for the FL State Parks system is a re-invention of sorts.


BEST RUNNING BUDDY EVER



No comments: