Saturday, August 9, 2008

YAY LeBonheur!!

So, for those of you who might be wondering, I did not get to see the celebrity who was recently at the hospital where I am working. I did come close - twice. But never did. I did meet the guy in the room next to him though! Anyway!

My OT supervisor was out of town on Thurs and Fri so Thurs I spent in acute care and got to do lots of treatments by myself! Thurs afternoon, I treated outpts by myself!

Then, on Friday, I got to follow another OT Heather who does PRN at THE MED and LeBonheur. So, I got to go to LeBonheur!!! It was incredible! I freaking love LeBonheur. You can really tell a difference between LeBonheur and THE MED - lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Bottom line: THE MED is poor (for whatever reason - either b/c they don't know how to advertise that they need money or b/c no one wants to give them money.) and LeBonheur is rrrrrrrriiiiiiiicccccchhhhhhh. My friend Karen volunteers there as a special care volunteer (she rocks babies!!) so I'm thinking about looking into that with her. THE MED doesn't allow that for some reason...

I really enjoyed LeBonheur and really enjoyed getting to know Heather better. She's awesome. and she has a blog! (I'll ask for permission to post her blog soon).

Really, I need to figure out what I want to do when I get out of school - general rehab, inpt, outpt, acute, peds, nicu, augh!! the choices!! then there's deciding full time, part time, contract, prn!!!! grrrr! any suggestions/recommendations?!?!

well, on Monday, it's back to the NICU!!! Itty bitty babies yay!

We've had a great wknd so far - my mom's fam came over last nite for dinner - aunt/uncle, their 4 y/o granddaughter, another uncle (whose wife couldn't make it), my mom/dad, and sister (the older one). B & I made lasagna from scratch...it was fun but we'll probably never do it again! We had a fun time & my sister ended up staying the nite...it was nice to catch up. We've done abs nothing today (well, B mowed the grass this morning & I cleaned the kitchen & swept the house) except watch the Olympics & NOVA (Newtonian physics yay). We did make a run to Lowe's for a couple of things. B has a softball game tonite at 9. Tonite's his last game unless the choose to do a tournament.

Also, we have a stray cat...he's beautiful & has a collar but no identifying information on him. I'm going to make a post on craig's list & make some signs. I'll also post some pics on my blog if anyone can spread the word.

I'm out.

xoxo
Kerri

No comments: