Monday, August 11, 2008

BEIJING!!!! #3

Alright, I'm going to make this one short and sweet. I'm exhausted and ready to go to bed. Gil did great! Swam a 1:55.4. He is seated 8th going into semis. He didn't quite look like himself behind the blocks today. Maybe it was nerves or just this whole new experience of the Olympics!! Hopefully he got the jitters out. He looked awesome though. I can't even begin to describe my feelings as he walked out to swim the fly. My chest swelled with pride!! I didn't expect to feel as nervous as I did for prelims. I think I was more anxious just to see him rather than see him swim!! Anyways, I could go on and on about the Olympic Green. A thousand words couldn't do it justice nor the pictures either. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves....as much as they possibly can. It is above and beyond!! Alright, so good solid start for his journey to the podium!! Everybody say some prayers tonight. Here's to Gil's first Olympic race.....it's just the beginning!! Talk again soon!Dottie

No comments: